Thursday, May 29, 2008

The genius of Michael Daft

I had my photo shoot last night, and I have to say it was a FANTASTIC experience! Michael Daft is the photographer that is shooting all of the cast "rock and roll" pics and I have to tell you that he is just talented, period. I had some ideas coming into the shoot and, just as he said would happen, the ideas evolved as the shoot progressed. I think that the shots really captured the personality of Liz, and Jackie.

Michael said that many of the other actors were using their shoots to discover more about their characters and I have to say that I really agree with that. In my mind Jackie and Liz do have things in common, I think that they could actually hang out with one another and have a good time. They are both tough, no-nonsense women who have a very clear sense of who they are and they don't like to be messed with. As I was posing for these shots, I felt that both Liz and Jackie were embodied in the picture.

I have to say once again how incredibly creative and talented everyone is who is involved with this production. I really want to post a link to Michael's web site, but I am going to ask if it is OK first. I also really want to post one of the pictures from the shoot because I am damn proud of it, but I want to ask first. If I get the OK, I'll put it on here tonight after run-through. Ciao for now!

No comments: